Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hidden Under Her Heart Book Review





Hidden Under Her Heart
By Rachelle Ayala


Book Description
Maryanne Torres is a compassionate nurse who fails at relationships. After a string of losers, she swears off premarital sex, hoping to land a marrying type of man.

Lucas Knight, a law-school dropout, moves to California to train for the Ironman Triathlon. He's smart, sweet, and everything Maryanne wants in a man, but their relationship suffers from his dedication to the sport. Seeking consolation in the arms of a handsome preacher's son, Maryanne attends a church party where she is raped.

Maryanne is pregnant from the rape and plans to abort. But the identity of her rapist is hidden in her baby's DNA. Lucas asks Maryanne to seek alternatives and pledges to support her through the pregnancy. When Lucas becomes the prime suspect, Maryanne must clear his name and make a life changing decision.

The rapist has other ideas. In order to destroy the evidence, he offers Maryanne an illegal offshore abortion. With Maryanne's life in danger, Lucas races to save her and her baby. However, Maryanne hides a secret that threatens to tear them apart forever.

A 99,000-word women's fiction, HIDDEN UNDER HER HEART deals with the consequences of rape and abortion.

[Content Advisory: This book has a pro-life slant. There are a few swear words. The rape is not shown, but there is one mild sex scene between Maryanne and her boyfriend.]

You can find Rachelle Ayala on her blog http://www.rachelleayala.com and on facebook http://www.facebook.com/rachelleayalawriter

My Opinion
I loved Hidden Under Her Heart! I loved Lucas and Maryanne but they both annoyed me in some parts of the story. I didn't like the way Maryanne kept trying to push Lucas away when he just wanted to be there for her during her pregnancy even though it was not his baby. Of course I haven't been through what she has so I don't know how I would feel if I was in her situation. I also don't believe in abortion just like Lucas but at the same time I don't think bad of anyone that has had an abortion because I know everyone has their reasons to do the things that they do and I have no right to judge them. I believe that in the end Maryanne made the right decision but I felt so bad for her when her daughter was born so early and had to fight to live. It was great to know that everyone could forgive each other for the mistakes they made in the past and move on with their lives. This book made me angry, it made me sad, and it also made me smile but I really loved it. I have also read Broken Build from Rachelle Ayala but it took me about half way through the book to realize that some of the characters in this story, like Vera, are from the book Broken Build. I am also exited to know that there will be another book coming out soon about Vera's and Zachs relationship. I can't wait to read that one!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joana, thanks for your review of Hidden Under Her Heart. Vera and Zach's story is now available on Amazon. I hope you'll enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete