Friday, June 24, 2016

Book Review: Being a Captain is Hard Work: A Captain No Beard Story by Carole P. Roman



I received free book to review.



Book Description:
Captain No Beard is determined to travel to Dew Rite Volcano. He won't listen when Mongo predicts a storm or Linus indicates they are headed in the wrong direction. He insists Polly cook in the galley even though the seas are getting rough. What's a crew to do with a stubborn, know-it-all captain? Will they convince the captain he is barreling headlong into danger, or will Captain No Beard jeopardize both his safety and the crew’s with his single-minded determination to go where he wants?


My thoughts:
Being A Captain Is Hard Work is the first Captain No Beard story I have read. I read it to my 2 and 4 year old boys and it didn't hold their attention for very long. This book is meant for 5-8 year olds and I can see why. This book teaches children a lesson that no one knows everything and you have to learn to listen to others. It's a little adventure book with very cute pictures. I give this book 3.5 stars.

I received free book to review.


Buy on Amazon  Add on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment